Risk Management by Means of Compliance-oriented Management
Tokyu Land Corporation has set the establishment of a "Risk Management System by means of Compliance-oriented Management", as one of management's primary responsibilities. Tokyu Land Corporation strongly recognizes that fulfilling this responsibility forms the base of our company's management and cultivates our officers and employees, not only to comply with the laws and regulations required for our company in its corporate activities but also to make decisions and actions in accordance with the "Code of Conduct".
Tokyu Land Corporation has established a compliance system and endeavors to ensure compliance-oriented management by means such as the appointment of compliance personnel at each division, establishment of a compliance department, and the development and promotion of action plans to achieve compliance (compliance programs).
Specifically, our company has established the "Tokyu Land Corporation Code of Conduct" to serve as a standard of conduct for all of the officers and employees of Tokyu Land Corporation,and the "Tokyu Land Corporation Compliance Manual" as a detailed manual for understanding the Code of Conduct and putting it to practice. We hold compliance training sessions on a regular basis for all officers and employees to raise their awareness of compliance.
Responsibilities as Employees of Tokyu Land Corporation
Tokyu Land Corporation handles the Urban Development Business, Residential Business, Wellness Business, and Innovation Business as a core company of Tokyu Fudosan Holdings Group. If our company's compliance-oriented management were to hinder and we lose the trust of its stakeholders, the entire group's credibility would be destroyed, and the corporate brand would be damaged, and as a result, the entire group's business activities would be adversely affected. We cultivate our employees so that they are fully aware of these matters; seek to coordinate organically with other group companies when engaging in business activities and strive to contribute to the enhancement of the entire group's corporate value; adhere to compliance requirements; and promote responsible conduct to meet the expectations and trust of the stakeholders.
Efforts to Raise Compliance Awareness
Tokyu Land Corporation holds seminars, training, and other educational sessions on a regular basis, with the aim of raising the compliance awareness of officers and regular employees, as well as the awareness of the contract employees and temporary employees.
Specifically, We provide training by rank for new recruits, mid-career employees, supervising managers, and officers, etc., in addition to various seminars (including those regarding insider trading regulations, labor management, and harassment) provided by Tokyu Fudosan Holdings. In addition, e-learning programs are also available for all the employees of our company.
We also call employees' attention to compliance matters by posting information about compliance incidents and accidents of other companies on a monthly basis.
Furthermore, we seek to enhance our response to laws and regulations through the provision of regular legal consultation sessions within the company, the utilization of in-house lawyers, and the creation of an environment in which employees can check information regarding the enactment, revision, etc. of laws and regulations concerning the company's business.
Establishment of Compliance Helpline
The "Compliance Helpline" (internal whistleblowing contact point) has been established within the company to receive reports and queries from employees of Tokyu Fudosan Holdings Group (reports from anonymous sources are also accepted) concerning possible violations of laws and regulations, the Tokyu Land Corporation Code of Conduct, and internal rules, etc. for early discovery and correction of acts of non-compliance activities. The contact point for whistleblowers established by Tokyu Fudosan Holdings Group to receive reports and queries from employees of the group is made widely known to the employees of the company. In addition, the company has also established an internal contact point to receive queries regarding sexual harassment and power harassment.
Implementation of Compliance Surveys
Tokyu Land Corporation conducts "Compliance Surveys" that target all of its employees every fiscal year in order to ascertain the degrees of employees' awareness and understanding regarding compliance, and to identify the inherent compliance issues of each group company.
Responses to Antisocial Forces
Tokyu Land Corporation hereby clearly states in the "Tokyu Land Corporation Code of Conduct" its firm intention to have no relationship of any form with antisocial forces. We make it a point to build close relationships with external parties, such as police and lawyers, even under normal circumstances and adopts a resolute attitude when it comes to dealing with unreasonable demands.
In addition, We have set down actual procedures, such as those for taking preventive measures, in the Guidelines for Responding to Antisocial Forces and the Manual for Responding to Antisocial Forces. We are working to convey these procedures and make them known to all employees as part of its compliance training.
Tokyu Land Corporation Code of Conduct
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations and Fair Trading
- ・Ensure Compliance with applocable laws and regulations.
- ・Ensure best practice in material procurement and fair trade.
- ・Ensure compliance with fiduciary responsibility and fair trade.
- ・Never connect with antisocial forces.
- Ensuring Customer oriented Awareness
- ・Identify customer needs and develop products to meet their needs.
- ・Prompt and dedicated response to customers' comments and requests.
- ・Customers' safety and security comes first when providing products and services.
- ・Provide a suitable and appropriate explanation and marketing of our products and services.
- Suitable Execurion of Duties
- ・Responsible ececution of duties, keeping concepts of "speed"and"evolution"in mind.
- ・Nurture organization culture of placing enphasis on "Collective wisdom".
- ・Take advantage of combined strength of the corporate group.
- ・Ensure proper decision making process.
- ・Proper management of rules.
- ・Proper negostiations with business associates.
- Proper Management of information
- ・Operate appropriate document and information management systems.
- ・Proper mannagement of confidential information and compliance with confidentiality obligation.
- ・Prohibit insider trading.
- ・Timely and appropriatie information disclisure and PR activities.
- ・Internal control to ensure proper accounting and financial reporting.
- Ensuring Good Faith in Business Conduct
- ・Preserve corporate assets.
- ・Ensure a robust safe, and comfortable working environment.
- ・Respect human rights.
- ・Contribution to society and consideration of the environment.
- ・Reasonable business entertaining and gift-giving.
- ・Clear distinction between business and personal matters.